Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Work Look / Office Look 2012!!!



Yeah!!! I got a new job and I'm starting in Jan, so time to update my work look! My previous job wasn't an office job, and in fact, it was on-site, hence, I really saved a lot of cosmetics over the 2 years coz I really hardly put on any makeup, except my sun block and pressed powder.

So, now that my new job is at town area, I finally can break in my new clothes and makeup!!!

So, I have a few stick eyeshadows and found them really convenient. As per last post, I'll list down the products in order of appearance and review them!

1) Lancome Teint Miracle Instant Retouch Pen
I bought this on impulse, coz I'm a huge fan of Michelle Phan, and hence the Lancome products. This pen wasn't as smooth as I thought I saw in her videos. When I apply, it's a bit dry and I have difficulty spreading them. If apply them after eye cream, it spread a lot more easier.

But the coverage is good, and although it appears whitish at first, the color soon blend to a skin color, and it brightens the area, hence it's good as a highlighter too.

Personally, I had not try the YSL pen, will compare them should I buy it one day. Heard lots of rave reviews about it.

2) The Face Shop FaceIt BB Sun Balm SPF50 + The Body Shop Foundation Brush
This sun balm was a curious purchase, coz I had always used tube BB creams and I thought the compact sun BB balm was interesting. BIG MISTAKE! It was a pain in the ass coz I had to use brush to apply, so that I won't contaminate the compact so much. I didn't use the sponge provided coz it is such a waste to suck blobs of BB bream stuck inside the sponge. Packaging wise, not so smart.

The product itself, is wonderful. It is less oily compared to the early generation BB creams, had better coverage too. As you can see in the video, it spreads smoothly when apply with brush, so I guess if we spread with our fingers, it will glide better and smoother after warming the cream with the heat from the fingers. However, wait till it came out as a pump bottle will be even better! Like all BB creams, it makes the face look a bit too white.

As for the brush, normal lor... nothing much. I find the brush a bit too big.

3) The Balm Sexy Mama Invisible Anti-Shine Powder + The Body Shop Mineral Foundation Brush
This is one good impulse purchase. I was looking for powder after I finished my I Nuovi Immaculate Powder, and I saw this at Sa Sa. I was attracted to the packaging, coz Sexy Ma Ma. I do feel that my face is less oily. Being a translucent powder, it doesn't give a ashy color to my face, in fact,it gives a nice warm color to it.

See how my face warm up after I apply?

I think I mention this mineral powder brush before, it's my favourite.

4) Anna Sui Eye Brightener (Heh, what's new? I always use this)
IDunnoIfYouSickOfMeTalkingAboutThis. It's my favourite eye product, coz I find it so multipurpose! It brighten, highlight the eyes yet it could cover some dark eye rings.

5) TheBodyShop Eyeshadow in Vanilla Cream (No. 13) + EcoTools Eyeshadow Brush
I was looking for a dupe to my Bobbi Brown Navajo eyeshadow coz I was too lazy to keep unzipping the palette to use just one color. So I saw that this colour was pretty similar.

The Body Shop is famous for it's bath items and not makeup, so let's not grade this too high. Powder is a bit chalky, but the color is good, at least for me.

I love the EcoTools Brushes,so soft!

6) Kate Lasting Color Eye in GY-1
I bought this color I wanted a "gunmetal" color after seeing Urban Decay Naked Palette. This one contains a little glitter, but after spreading it, the color isn't so intense and I think it is perfect for day time look, with a little bling on the eyes,m kinda wake the look a bit. To glam it up for night look, just bring this stick shadow and darken it. Very convenient and versatile!

7) Lancome Crayon Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Raisin Noir (Finally got the name right from online)
The kohl itself spreads easily, despite being waterproof, but not sebum proof, coz it still smudge when my eye lids turn oily. The sponge is a pain, too stiff and hurts when I try to smudge my eyeliner with it. Prefer the Rimmel one.

Update: If u read the last post, I was kinda contradicting myself with this. I think the difference was the eye cream, which makes application smoother, but smudge faster too... Well, we can't have the best of both worlds, right?

8) Maybelline Unstoppable Eyebrow Pencil
Nah, just an eyebrow pencil.

9) Benefit Blush in Coralista + EcoTools Powder Brush
After using it, I know why Coralista is such a popular blush! It's so nice, on any skin tone! It has shimmer, hence it gives a glow to the cheeks as well. And it smells nice too! I'm converting to be a Benefit Cosmetics fan!!!

10) Benefit Lip Gloss in Friends in High Places (My new favourite lip gloss!!!)
I'm not a lipgloss person, coz I find them too sticky. So far, my last love was the Clarins Sorbet. I finally found somethin better! While the color looked very raspberry, it is in fact very sheer, gives a nice subtle glow to the lips, smells nice and not sticky!

I think I'm really getting good at editing video and writing post. I finish this one in 4 hrs! And reviewing the products on each tutorial is better too, since I will remember my thoughts when I was using them!

Hope you pple like this arrangement! I'm translating an article of bad habits of skin, will post it up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment