Friday, October 18, 2013

Etude House Rose Flowering Eyes eyeshadow palette

Despite being as poor as a sheep without its wool, I just couldn't resist this eyeshadow palette while doing window  shopping around in JEM.
Used the palette a few times and on my sister. My verdict is..... value for money for 10 colors, quality wise is like a normal eyeshadow you'll get from Korean brands. The intensity of the colors are just right for simple users, but for someone who's used to brands like M.A.C and Make Up For Ever, I don't really like how soft the colors are, except for the red. Is good for neutral looks, another typical trait of Korean brands.
Texture of the eyeshadow is too chalky! Every time I pick the eyeshadows, fallouts are inevitable, which annoys me a bit, but I'll live with it.
The packaging is slim and small enough to put in clutch or purse. It also contains 2 dual ended sponge eyeshadow applicators, which one side is slightly bigger, for applying all over the lids, and a smaller tip for intensifying. Not a big fan of sponge, so no comments on it.
All in all, it's value for what's it's worth. Furthermore Etude House was having promotion when I bought it, which was another reason why I bought it. Primary reason was I love the red color, supposedly to be inspired by rose lah! So I bought it at $29.90, $5 discount. Not sure if promotion is still available.
So, to really make the eyeshadows colors pop, I'll suggest a good eyeshadow base. My I Nuovi eyeshadow base didn't bring justice to the colors.
Topdown: Poison, Gloomy, Petal, BLossom, Romance, Pure, Delight, Innocent, Fade, Falling
Top of the case
The box
L-R: Falling, Fade, Innocent, Delight, Pure, Romance, Blossom, Petal, Gloomy, Poison.
I love using Falling from lid to crease, Fade as transition color, Innocent and Pure as highlighter. Delight, Romance and Petal are nice for lid colors too, and Gloomy and Poison I always used them as crease colors, especially when I do the "Bananas" technique. See here for more eyeshadows techniques!

No comments:

Post a Comment