Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lancome Beauty Institute - Genifique Youth Activating Treatment

I felt what it was really like to be a diva! Making good use of the Lancome complimentary facial, I booked an appointment with them for the facial.

I am no newbie to facial, but damn, Lancome really change my definition of a really good facial service!

When I arrived at the place, the place was nicely decorated and well-designed. Nothing over the top. A lady promptly attended to me. She served a cup of their tea while I filled in the necessary details on a form. Shortly after, I was led to their counter where she did a series of tests on me, using Lancome propietaty skin analysis machine, the lady asked me what were my skin concerns first, before doin the tests. They were about 4 to 5 strobes, one is a magnifier which can view 60times, a strobe to test skin elasticity, one to test eyes, one on the skin conditions (oily or dry), and one to.. that's about all I can remember.

She explained to me after each individual tests about my skin condition. At the end, there was a summary and how my skin fared compared to the average. I only have 2 problems, big pores and not so firm skin. A while later, I was introduced to my beauty assistant, Connie, who was going to pamper my skin!

I was lead to a room, about the size of a MRT toilet! Super big and comfy, it is white all over and a light which is changeable. And I think I know how Lady Ga Ga felt when she was inside the egg, because on the ceiling, there was this oval shaped, white piece of decoration. I was definitely in a roomier egg! With soothing music and huge bed!!

Connie started by giving my shoulder, hands and legs a quick massage. Then she proceeded to cleanse and exfoliate my face, toner, moisturiser etc. This took about 20 mins. Then came the big boy, Genifique Youth Activating Serum. She used half a bottle, and I believed her, even though I didn't see it myself. But she applied like 2 layers of really concentrated serum on me, and there was a tingling sensation. She told me it was normal since it was so much more than what we usually used. After applying the second layer, she used an ultrasound strobe to roll all over my face. This was to help the serum penetrate better. This process took about 15 mins. While waiting, I went to dreamland, and was stirred awoke by my own snores. Totally spoiled the tranquility.

It didn't end here! After the serum, she put on the Genifique mask on me and laid for about 20mins. And off I went to dream land again.

The last step was massaging my face to allow the mask serum to sink in, and then applying toner and moisturizer.

The whole thing felt really good, and I really enjoyed the privacy. The staff were well groomed and spoke very professionally. Seriously, compared to my current facial center that I am visiting now where their beds are half the size, is a HUGE difference already!

I'm totally sold! I see if I can get pictures on my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment