Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!!!

Hello! Welcome to FnF! This is a new blog that I started to show you all my beauty regime, new makeup tips and tips for a more beautiful you. I'm a beauty junkie and I really love dolly myself out, although I was quite a tom boy 6 or 7 years back. Under the influence of my girlfriends, I decide to embrace my feminine side and make myself look really good!

Why is this blog called Flabbulous N Fatastic? It is a pun marriage between the words Flab and Fat with Fabulous and Fantastic, because fat people can look good too, even with the flab and fat. More importantly, it holds on to the idea that we should love ourselves for who we are and what we have. Well, I'm a plus size girl, weighing at 82 kg (as of today) and my height is only 158cm. That makes my BMI about 33??? Since young, I always thought I'm too fat to do anything girly, like no makeup, no pretty clothes, no dress or skirts, no high heels., when in fact it is actually the low self esteem at work. But when I see how I looked so much better with good fittings clothes, correct makeup, I realized, being fat doesn't mean I can't do all these. In the past, I can't was because people discriminate and large sizes were really hard to find. But not anymore, many girls like me, who insist on being pretty irregardless of our sizes, decided to be their own bosses and sell pretty large size clothes, and voila, we have nicer clothes now!

I feel that our skin and facial features are also different from those skinny or slim girls, so I started this blog to show some make-up techniques or beauty regime which might cater solely to us, but of course, most of them are still generic and works for most of us. I mean, which girl doesn't yearn for a slimmer face?

I'll try to do vid for tutorials, but as I'm quite new in this, I might look awfully awkward  or look really unnatural. So please bear with me, and more importantly, support me! Thanks!

My first tutorial will be on makeup, so do watch out this space!!! Thanks!

Btw, I'm not encouraging fat to be fatter, in fact, being healthy is most important. Don't let fat be the excuse to stop exercising, exercise is good for our heart! It doesn't have to be losing weight every time, is more about working the heart, making it stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment